Monday, October 24, 2016

My thoughts today

My mother in law passed away peacefully on Friday morning.  She went to heaven and was joyfully reunited with her beloved husband Ernie of 40 years.  We are happy this she is no longer struggling here on Earth.  She fought the good fight for over 10 years, outliving her diagnosis by 8 years. 

I had somewhat distanced myself emotionally from Cindy since Ernie died.  I still visited her occasionally, talked on the phone, and brought the kids over to play at her house when I could.  But it was so hard for me to see her without him.  I knew her heart was broken.  She was such a tough lady but living without him was hard.  They completed each other, enjoyed working together, and loved their grandchildren dearly.  They had very few fights which mainly pertained to Ernie wearing his dirty boots in the house and forgetting to take a shower before he climbed into bed after a long day of work.  I'm so glad they are finally together again.

Cindy was always there to share some of her wisdom with me.  I don't sew, so it was very helpful to have a mother-in-law to patch our clothes and sew buttons for us.  She always was willing to listen if I had a problem, no matter how big or small.  She wore many hats, working at the bakery, managing the farm bookkeeping, and being a good grandma, mom, and friend to lots of people.  Most of all, she had a faith stronger than anyone I know.  She trusted Jesus fully and without reservation.

We have such a big void in our family that can never be filled.  I know time will heal some of our pain.  Lots of tears will be shed but we also rejoice that Cindy is in Heaven, a place that we all want to be someday.  ~ Lydia

http://www.wardfuneralhomekansas.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3982667&fh_id=10337

No comments:

Post a Comment